Hearthstone Realty Corporation consults with a number of public and private groups and individuals in green building analysis and design, energy engineering, construction, and site planning.
Mr. Perkins is a Registered Professional Engineer in two states, a Licensed Construction Supervisor, Certified Plant Engineer, and Certified Facilities Operator with the following background in Energy consulting:
- Provided comprehensive energy consulting solutions for a number of commercial clients. Work included property visits, lighting audits, building envelope analysis with thermographic photographs, and making recommendations as to the site’s suitability for renewable energy options.
- Completed energy audits using Energy Star Portfolio Manager and other energy software. Developed network of clients, officials, consultants, utility contacts, suppliers and contractors.
- Currently planning large residential, green development in Gloucester that features a 1.5 mW wind turbine, photovoltaic array, Low Impact Site Design, Energy Star homes on a 110 acre site.
- Conceived, designed and developed Greenwood Meadows affordable housing development which received Energy Star Development of the Year Award. Designed and developed a Transit Oriented Project known as Ballardvale Crossing in Andover, MA.
- Worked with various solar, wind and power line companies on planning new solar and wind installations in New England on industrial buildings, on greenfield, landfill and brownfield locations. Developed network of interested building and land owners.
- Currently working on a biogas food waste processing concept for energy production in Massachusetts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of an Engineering, Land Development and Consulting firm engaged in projects ranging from single family residential, to medium commercial, to mixed-use, to institutional developments specializing in energy efficiency and low impact design solutions.